- Name of the Department: History
- Year of Establishment: 1971
- Name of Head of the Department: Dr. Rajesh Kulkarni
- Name of UG Coordinator: Prof. Manasi Bhosale
- Name of PG Coordinator: Dr. Jyotiram Deshmukh
The department was established in 1971 and the eminent history teacher mr. M. A. Kulkarni was the first head of the department. He taught with his research experience. After his retirement, in 2001, Dr. Rajesh kulkarni became the next hod and is in office till now. Dr. Rajesh Kulkarni is a university gold medalist & national scholar. He has also been awarded professorship and phd guideship. He is also the bos member of SPPU. The other staff members in the department are – Dr. Priyanka Joshi is first rank holder in history, Savitribai Phule Pune University and has been teaching in the college since 2015; Prof. Manasi Bhosale had joined the college in 2018 and has been teaching junior and senior college. Recently, Dr. Jyotiram Deshmukh joined the department. He holds a post-doctorate degree teaches senior college while Prof. Gaikwad teaches the junior college.
Salient Features of the Department
- All staff members are PhD qualified.
- Department has a policy to connect national and international students.
- Department developed E-content and mooc courses.
- Department has a collection of rare books, scripts and research material.
- The department is connected with various research institutes and eminent personalities.
- Every year the department organizes best practices and events such as the iti- the history festival and heritage walk.
- The department focuses on student self empowerment and value education.
- The department also has its own museum and art gallery.
- The department has a YouTube channel, which acts as a medium to connect globally. Also, a website was created – national history council to help spread the true and real history.