- Name of the Department: Department of Fashion Technology
- Year of Establishment: 2014-15
- Name of Head of the Department: Prof. Manasi Thakur
- Name of UG Coordinator: Prof. Varsha Waikar
- Name of PG Coordinator: Prof. Netra Todkar
Department of Fashion Technology
We have been sanctioned to run this B Voc degree programme by UGC affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University since 2018. B.Voc or Bachelor’s of Vocational Studies. This is a very successful initiative by the central government to develop manpower by imparting appropriate skills to prepare work ready force immediately after graduation. The course structure is framed as per the NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation) guidelines considering the NSQF ratings.
The course has single entry and multiple exit options. One can exit after one year with diploma, two years with advance diploma and complete three years with respective degree. The weight age of practical studies is more than theoretical – 40% theory and 60% practical studies. Internships are encouraged along with guest lectures and industrial visits. It supports your entrepreneurial skills in order to help you open an enterprise after graduation.
Eligibility is 12th pass from any stream. It also offers variety of streams like apparel manufacturing, textile designing, food technology, renewal resources, waste and water management, automobile, IT, travel and tourism, dairy technology, agriculture and many more.
The B Voc in Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing program has opened up new avenues for imparting livelihood development skills to the students. It gives opportunities for the graduating students to get a job in various fashion related organizations or start their own venture in the apparel industry.
Salient features of the Department :
- Well qualified, skilled and dedicated faculty
- Advanced teaching and learning resources and methods
- Career guidance cell for students.
- Collaborations with various Industries
- Well-equipped workshop for academic, skill development and research activities
- Workshops, guest lectures, seminars, exhibitions for overall development of the students.