Aim of the contest:
It is a unique activity of Modern College to felicitate and appreciate the most outstanding student with ‘The Best Student Trophy Award’ from each wing (Junior, Senior and Post Graduate). It has been done in order to tap the best potential of each student. Over the years, it has been done successfully and we are sure, it would continue to be so. To add up to the benefits of the students, this year onwards we are conducting the whole process online keeping in mind the transparency of the procedure. This will help each student to understand his status in comparison with those of others.
The Best Student Trophy is awarded to the Best Student from Junior Wing, Senior Wing and Post- Graduate Wing.
- The best student from Junior Wing receives “College Trophy” and “Late Jyotsna Godbole Cash Prize”.
- The best student from Senior Wing receives “Damodar Shield” and “Veer Savarkar Cash Prize”.
- The best student from Post-Graduate Wing receives “Late Bansude Trophy”.
The selected best student from each wing is honored by the ‘Excellence Trophy’
and a blazer
by the college.
Winners of Best Student Trophy Competition
(Co-curricular Activity includes competitive examinations, Seminars, Project, Presentations related to academics, subject related competitions etc.
Extra-curricular Activity includes Arts, Vocal, Instrumental related competitions or any activity other than academics sports, NSS and NCC.)
- Students studying in Modern College, Shivajinagar, Pune 411005 securing marks above 60% in the examination conducted in March/April 2019.
- Attendance should be minimum 70%.
- Students participating in Competitive examinations, Co-curricular activities, Extra- curricular activities, Sports, NSS and NCC will be preferred.
- The activities performed in last two years will be considered.
- The committee invites online applications from the students and scrutinizes them by pre-defined norms.
- A separate merit list is prepared for each wing and eligible students are shortlisted for an interview which consists of a personal interview and a group discussion.
- List of shortlisted students and the date of personal interview will be displayed on the web page of college.
- ‘Best Student of The Year’ will be declared on the basis of his/her performance in personal interview and group discussion.
Instructions to fill the form:
- Date of release the application form : 25th November 2019
- Last date for online submission of form : 16th December 2019
- Date of release of shortlisted student list : 20th December 2019
- Date of personal interview : Will be declared soon
Registration CLosed !
- Keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready before filling the form
- Photograph in JPEG format (Max Size 1MB). Name the file as: first name _last name (e.g amit_shelar)
- Photocopy of mark list of examination passed in March / April 2019 duly signed by class teacher with gradation. Name the file as: first name _last name_mark (e.g amit_shelar_mark)
- All supporting certificates of co-curricular, extracurricular activities, sports, NCC, NSS and other than this, if any should be scanned in single PDF file and upload it at the end of form. Name the file as: first name _last name_cert (e.g amit_shelar_cert)
- Duplication of form will be rejected.