Visit Department of English on Youtube
English is universally acknowledged as a world language. It is a gateway skill to various fields of study, research and employment.
The Department of English was established in 1970. The undergraduate course was started in 1970 and postgraduate course was started in 1994. The department envisions creating skilled human resource in the field of English language and literature.
The faculty in the department is well qualified with a wide academic experience. The research papers of faculty have been published in national and international journals.
The department provides an interface to the students to associate with institutes and industries.
Salient Features of the Department
- Well qualified, skilled and dedicated faculty.
- Advanced teaching and learning resources and methods.
- Career guidance for students.
- Associations with British Council Library, Pune, BITS, Pune, STC, Pune and Rotary Club ofr Pune, Shivajinagar.
- Department has completed 2 projects funded by Board of College and University Development, University of Pune and UGC.
- Internet Access to the students
- Spoken English Classes and Remedial Coaching for students.
- Workshops, guest lectures, seminars, exhibition and quiz competition for overall development of the students.
Actively associated with F.O.N.E (Friends of the North East), a non-profit voluntary organization in Pune working to assist students from the NE region in all aspects ranging from admissions to legal counsel.