The Department of Economics and PhD Research Centre in Economics, Modern College of Art, Science and Commerce, Shivajinagar, Pune-5, organized a Workshop on “Quality Enhancement through Research and Innovations in Teaching”, 16th April 2013 at 3p.m. in the Assembly Hall of Modern College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Shivajinagar, Pune-5.
Eminent research scholars, academicians and research students were invited to participate. The Workshop focused on research avenues in Economics, particularly in applied economic research.
The objectives were:
- to improve the quality of teaching and research.
- to study the academic bench-marking standards for better learning and research.
- to enhance the flow of information concerning effective learning and teaching.
The workshop aimed at discussing various issues and topics of current importance demanding the attention of researchers. The faculty and students of post graduation of Modern college, Pune-5 and Modern college, Ganeshkhind, Pune has participated in this Quality Enhancement Workshop.
The special invitees who contributed were:
- Dr. Santosh Dastane, Director of Management Institute, Research Department, Pune
- Dr. Rohini Sahani, HOD, Dept of Economics, SP Pune University
- Dr. Pushpa Ranade, Principal, Sidhivinayak College of Arts and Commerce for girls
- Dr. Tanaji Gite, HOD, Dept of Economics, Rajgurunagar.