Department has a history of university rank holders in psychology. Apart from academics, students of the department have excelled in the field of sports, drama, literature, debates, music and social work etc. Some of the students have participated and won in many state/national/international level sports competitions. Some have also won awards for performances in dramas and other cultural activities.
Students of the department have also made their mark in NCC and NSS programs.
Some of the students are pursuing higher education in National/international universities. Some are settled in and working with institutes abroad.
Some of our past students have qualified for NET / SET and are working as lecturers and assistant professors in well known institutions.
Academic Year 2015 – 16
- Ms. Sheetal Lakhani presented Paper at 8TH India IGU International Conference on “Urban Health and Wellbeing” at SNDT Women’s University, Pune (Nov. 2015), abstract published in abstract book.
- Ms. Sanika Autade, M.A. II got selected for State level Avishkar competition.
- Ms. Lavon Dawson and Shantveer Yadav from T.Y. B. A., and Ms. Monika Mishra, Ms. Chaitali Gawas, Mr. Sushant Joshi, Ms. Archana Chinchane Ms. Nivedita Dutta, Ms. Anuradha Ahirrao from M.A. II presented posters at Avishkar competion.
- Ms. Monika Mishra got second prize in paper reading competition at National Conference on ‘Emotional Intelligence: Role in Human Life’, sponsored by BCUD (SPPU) and her research paper titled “General Indian Perspective on Brest Cancer & Uterus Cancer Surgery” selected for presentation in National Conference on “Indian Mind and Societal Concers: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue” I nNew Delhi (April, 2016)
- Ms. Sheetal Lakhani, Ms. Sanika Autade, Ms. Ankita Damle, Ms. Nikta Bagrodia, Ms, Rucha Ghanekar, Ms. Archana Chinchane, Ms. Monika Mishra, Ms. Mugdha Padhye, and Mrs. Aparna Dixit from M.A. presented papers / posters in National Conference on ‘Emotional Intelligence: Role in Human Life’, sponsored by BCUD (SPPU).
- Ms. Archana Chinchane, Ms. Nivedita Dutta and Mr. Suchant Joshi from M.A.-II were selected for ‘Yuva Sanshodhak Scheme’ of the college and presented posters thereof.
- Research paper of Ms. Sneh Jhaveri titled “A Study on Locus of Control, Peer Influence on Dieting, Media Exposure and Body Image on Young Adults” selected for publication in Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing (April 2016 issue).
Academic Year 2014 – 15
- Our UG and PG Students have volunteered for many Institutes and NGO’s.
- Ketki Pendse (MA-II), Siddhi Rale Pendse (MA-II), Rucha Mahajan Pendse (MA-II), Sayali Pathak (MA-II) presented Research Papers at the National conference on ‘Positive Psychology: Challenges & Scope’ organized by Loknete Vyankatrao Hiray College, Nasik.
- Vilas Mahadik Vilas (MA-II), Pradeep Shinde (MA-II) presented Research Papers in 2nd National and 29th State level conference on ‘Application of Psychology for the 21st century’ organized by Sharadabai Pawar Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Baramati.
- Parviz Majedi (MA-II) and Neha Kulkarni (MA-II) presented Research Papers at the National Seminar on ‘Health and Wellbeing’ held at Symbiosis College of Arts, Commerce and Science.
Academic Year 2013 – 14
- Sangeeta Pujari- T.Y.B.A .bagged a consolation prize in State level Competition on General Knowledge in Psychology, organized KBP College, Islampur.
- S. Y .and T.Y. B.A. students attended the State level Competition on General Knowledge in Psychology, organized KBP College, Islampur.
- Harpreet Gala (M.A.II), Anish Gokhale (M.A.I), Preeti Sarpotdar (T.Y.B.A.) and Ankit More (S.Y.B.A.) participated in the Intercollegiate Quiz Competition organized by Wadia College, Pune.
- Preeti Sarpotdar- TYBA bagged a second prize for acting in Intercollegiate Hindi Drama Competition organized by Rashtrabhasha Sabha.
- Post graduate students participated in State level seminar organized by New Arts Commerce and Science College, Ahmednagar.
- Vedangi Kulkarni- T.Y.B.A. student bagged the Consolation prizes for the “Natya-Vachan” competition organized by Kala Mandal, Modern College, Pune.
- Prasad Chaubal- T.Y.B.A.student bagged the prize for Mono- Act, organized by Kala Mandal, Modern College, Pune.
- Pradip Shinde, Kiran Mahske, Sachin Khole, Vilas Mahadik, Satish Kshirsagar, Shankar Khedkar and Shambhuraje Shinde attended the National Conference on “Behavior of the Aged” organized by S.G.M. College, Karad.
Academic Year 2012 – 13
- Aditi Moghe a student of MA is selected to present the Indian Folk Dance in Mauritius through Jagruti Kala Manch.
- Siddharth Godbole a student of TYBA won the Gold Medal at the West Zone boxing championship. He was the quarter finalist for the National level Super Cup 2012 and was awarded the ‘Most Promising Boxer’ title.
- Students from the North-east States actively participated in the ‘North-east States Cultural Fest’ organized by NSS- University of Pune.
Achievements of Ex- Students
- Ms. Pradnya Vadnere qualified the NET examination 2012.
- Ms. Gayatri Vartak got the prestigious membership of British Psychological Association. At present she is pursuing her M.S degree in Sports Psychology in UK.
- Hrishikesh Khilare got the Samarth Gaurav Puraskar for his social- work at Melghat.
Academic Year 2011 – 12
- Our eleven M.A.II students presented their research papers in two days national conference on ‘Understanding Human Behaviour in Society – Normal and Deviated’ held at Niphad, on 9th and 10th Feb 2012. Miss Sayali Vaze M.A.II won the ‘Best Paper’ Award at the conference.
- Six M.A.II students presented their research papers at National conference held at Nasik, on 13th , 14th and 15th of Feb2012, ‘Research: Interdisciplinary Approach in Management, Social Sciences, Humanities and Languages’.
Academic Year 2010 – 11
- Gaytri Vartak represented the Indian team of Badminton for Uber Cup. She was also a part of the Indian team for Asian Badminton championship.
- Amol Bawale represented the College in Kabbadi at intercollegiate level(Pune City Zone) organized by Chandrashekhar Agashe College.
- Full papers by Ms. Smita Dongre, Ms. Sneha Wable were published in the proceedings of National seminar at Fergusson College, Ms. Swapna Aagle, Ms. Gaytri Vartak, Ms. Sonali Vohra, Ms. Pritha Das, and Mrs. Vaishali Surve, presented papers at national level seminar at Fergusson College and Mr. Anand Gore presented paper at state level seminar held at Pad. Dr. D.Y. Patil ACS College, Pimpri.