To endow the students with most updated knowledge about the German language, culture and the country itself and to enrich their speaking abilities, thus helping them with their vocational pursuits in Foreign Language studies.
- To achieve the 5 language learning goals (Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons and Communities)
- To implement mastery of the language (the traditional four skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking) informed through cultural knowledge.
- To enhance writing proficiency in German on the intermediate level on a variety of topics related to personal interest and everyday life.
- To inculcate and improve presentational language abilities on familiar and some researched topics.
- To develop an understanding of the cultures and civilizations of the principal groups of people who speak German, from a variety of perspectives, including the historical, geographical, sociopolitical, literary and artistic.
- Exposing the students to German Literature along with improving close reading skills of authentic literary texts (including written and other forms of texts) in German.
- To induce the ability to develop effective and some nuanced lines of interpretation of these texts.
- To give an insight into significant cultural products and historical events in German speaking countries, evaluating these in a global context considering their impact on a variety of disciplines and world events.
- To demonstrate awareness of cultural and historical differences between the culture of German-speaking countries and the student’s native culture.
First Year B.A. German
No. of Seats: 120
- Std XII German
- Level 1 (A1) Level 2 (A2) Examination
- German General for Advanced Learners (SPPU Complied book)
- German General for Beginners (Book: Lagune 1)
Second Year B.A. German
No. of Seats :120
- S1: Literarische Formen und Gattungen – Literary Forms & Genres
- S1: Geschichte Deutschlands- 1945- Gegenwart
- S2: Landeskunde – Study of Culture and Literary Works
- S2: GRIPS Theaterstück- Max und Milli
- General: Lagune 2 und Gedichte
Third Year B.A. German
No. of Seats : 120
- S3: Geschichte Deutschlands- Mittelalter – 1945
- S3: Sach-Fachtexte
- S4: Literarische Epochen
- S4: Novelle- Aus dem Leben eines Taugenichts
- S4: Philosophie