Community College - Dress Designing and Tailoring
Department of Dress Designing & Tailoring
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched the Community College model, which will be accessible to a large number of individuals of the community. It will offer low cost and high quality education locally based upon vocational skills. The programs conducted as part of the Community college focuses on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their National Occupational Standards (NOSs) and NVEQF levels. This would enable the students completing the Dress Designing and Tailoring course to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
Realizing the potential of the fashion industry, its requirement of trained human resource and the initiative of UGC the course of Dress Designing and Tailoring is developed.
- Judicious mix of skills relating to fashion technology,
- Adequate knowledge and skills to enable them to be work ready,
- Practical orientation with theoretical base,
- Flexibility to students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points in two steps
Certificate and Diploma
As the field is highly professional it will be supported with professional faculties having industry background, special equipment related to fashion industry, dedicated software, fabric library, resource center of fashion, presentation tools, internet facility and timely industrial visits.
Salient Features of the Department
- Well qualified, skilled and dedicated faculty
- Advanced teaching and learning resources and methods
- Career guidance cell for students.
- Collaborations with various Industries
- Well-equipped workshop for academic, skill development and research activities
- Workshops, guest lectures, seminars, exhibitions for overall development of the students.
2. Department Setup