SLS 01 - Impact of Globalization on Service Sector in India, 2008
State Level Seminar on Impact of Globalization on Service Sector in India was organised under quality improvement program of University of Pune, on 26th and 27th September, 2008.
Department of Economics, Modern College, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 5, organized a State level Seminar on “Impact of Globalization on Service Sector in India” , on 26th & 27th September 2008. The seminar was inaugurated by Dr. Ashok Kolaskar, Ex-Vice Chancellor, Pune University. In his key note address, Dr. Kolaskar advocated the need to improve the quality of education to face the challenges of globalization. He also recommended partnerships or collaborations between Indian institutions and well known universities abroad. Joint efforts in this direction are necessary to raise the standard of education in India.
The Invitees included:
- Dr. Gajanan Ekbote, Chairman, P.E.Society, Pune5
- Prof. Jyotsana Ekbote, Chairperson, LMC, Modern College, Pune 5
- Prof. Anant Gosavi, Visitor, Modern College, Pune-5
- Dr. Ashok Kolaskar, Ex-Vice Chancellor, Pune University.
- Dr. Pandit Vidhyasagar, Director, BCUD, Pune University
- Dr. Ashok Joshi, Director, INDSEARCH, Pune
- Dr. Kalyan Swarup, Dean, NIBM, Pune
- Prof. Pradip Apte, Fergusson College, Pune
- Dr. TG Gite, Chairman, BOS, Business Economics, Pune University
- Mr. Prashant Pansare, , CEO & MD, Inteliment Technologies
- Mrs. Kavita Amarnani, Vice President, Estique chain of Hotels
- Mr. Nikhil Patil, Organizer, Unique Tours for Corporates
- Mr. Neeraj Jain, Social Activist & IIT Engineer
- Dr. R. Y. Waghmare, Vice Principal, Modern College, Pune-5
- Dr. R. M. Chitnis, Principal, Modern College of Business Studies, Pune
- Dr. Bharati Dole, Director, HNIMR, Pune