Post Graduate Education
M.Sc. Biotechnology a two years degree course began in the year 2008 at Department of Biotechnology. The course is restructured to a credit based system of evaluation in the year 2013 by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Incorporation of additional courses viz. Human Rights, Cyber Security along with Skill development course contributing knowledge about Industrial safety helps students to stand at professional level.
The incorporation of research project in the course encourages the students to think independently and implement research ideas under the guidance of competent faculty of the department.
The department works to accomplish strong associations between industry and academics to develop the technical and critical thinking skills necessary for success in the career and for placement assistance to the students.
- To equip the students with latest information and practical hands on training to face future challenges.
- Placement oriented training.
- To build competent candidates.
M. Sc. Biotechnology Part I
Number of seats
Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology with 55% marks as minimum and 50% marks for reserved category students.
- T BT 101 Advanced Biological Chemistry
- T BT 102 Molecular Biology
- T BT 103 Environmental Biotechnology
- T BT 104 Cell Biology
- P BT 105 Exercises in Advanced Biological Chemistry
- P BT 106 Exercises in Molecular and Cell Biology
- P BT 107 Exercises in Environmental Biotechnology
- T BT 201 Genetic Engineering
- T BT 202 Immunology
- T BT 203 Principles of Bacteriology and Virology
- T BT 204 Plant Biotechnology
- P BT 205 Exercises in Genetic Engineering
- P BT 206 Exercises in Immunology
- P BT 207 Exercises in Plant Biotechnology
- P BT 208 Exercises in Bacteriology and Virology
M. Sc. Biotechnology Part II
Number of seats
- T BT 301 Animal Biotechnology
- T BT 302 Bioprocess engineering & Fermentation Technology
- T BT 303 Data Base Management and IPR in Biotechnology
- T BT 304 Advanced Genetics
- T BT 305 Bioinformatics
- P BT 306 Exercises in Animal Biotechnology
- P BT 307 Exercises in Bioprocess Engineering
- p BT 308 Exercises in Bioinformatics
- T BT 309 Seminars, Term paper writing
- T BT 401 Genomics and Proteomics
- T BT 402 Biochemical and biophysical techniques
- P BT 403 Exercises in Biochemical and Biophysical techniques
- T BT 405 Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicines
- P BT 407 Project