Biotechnology is one of the interdisciplinary branches of Life Science which blend in living systems comprises animals, plants and microbes.
Keeping in view outlay and applications of biotechnology in every field to accomplish the eternal demand for resource personnel with specialization in biotechnology, the college established Department of Biotechnology in 2005. The Department offers both B.Sc. and M.Sc. courses in Biotechnology affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
It has upright position in the student community for its high quality education and advanced facilities. Out of nine highly qualified staff members six have doctoral degree and two have registered for Ph.D. The faculty is involved in diverse research areas such as Enzymology, Medical Biochemistry, Nano-biotechnology, Medical Microbiology, Microbial Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Plant Biotechnology and Biodiversity resulting in national and international publications.
Salient Features of the Department
- Well equipped spacious laboratories with the necessary infrastructure.
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated staff with research experience in interdisciplinary sciences.
- Research laboratory with latest instruments like HPLC, PCR, Fermentor, etc.
- Separate Animal Tissue Culture, Plant Tissue Culture, Cell and Molecular Biology, Microbiology Laboratories.
- Bioinformatics laboratory with internet connections.
- Guest lectures by scientist and industry personnel.
- Placement assistance through college.