|· The Department of Animation is established in academic year 2019-20 as a separate department.
· The course run by the department is B.Sc. (Animation), which is a three year degree course started by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune in the academic year 2012-13. Modern College started the course in the year 2013-14.
· Since the first batch passed out of B.Sc. Animation, it’s a history to achieve 100% result and 100% placement till academic year 2018-19.
· Our students are in the field of Animation. Their entry for the course is on the basis of merit. At the undergraduate level their performance at HSC (Science) with English with any three science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Geography, biology, etc. is the criteria for the admission.
· The Department is planning to start M.Sc. Animation, 2 years Post Graduate Degree course from the academic year 2020-21 under Autonomous status.
· UGS NSDC has sanctioned B.Voc. Animator ( 3D Animation and VFX), 3 years degree course which us going to be started from academic year 2020-21.
· The Department also runs one add-on course Graphics Design and Animation and e-Content Development through Flash.
· The department runs the Modern Media Station, a live channel of Modern College, Pune -5.
· The department has established an e-content development Cell through which the training and development of e-content conducted under Modern College, Pune-5.
· We are proud that the students opt for our centre with highest priority. As a result, the students of Modern College, Shivajinagar, Pune-5 are at the forefront in the Animation field.
· During their graduate studies they undertake the projects which are relevant to the current Industrial needs.
· These projects have helped students to apply their theoretical knowledge to the real life situation. They develop portfolio, shoreal to showcase their expertise gained in three years of degree course.
· Through practical demonstrations, Guest Lectures, Group Discussions etc, we bring the latest in Animation technology to our students.
· Co-curricular activities sharpen their minds and other skills that help in overall development. The Department organizes “Aura”, the exhibition based on the creative ideas of students in which the students exhibit their work in the form of origami, clay models, short films.
· We have a dedicated team of teachers, experts and well equipped laboratories. The young and highly qualified team of faculty members spare no efforts to keep the students well motivated and in updating their knowledge, creativity and skills. he students are also reciprocating by their high achievements in academic performance.